Anonymity Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anonymity Forum

Supporting the Anonymous against the Cult of $cientology

HomeGalleryLatest imagesLog inRegister

Emergency Call During Raids

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
meme
Admin
Admin
meme

Emergency Call During Raids Empty
PostSubject: Emergency Call During Raids   Emergency Call During Raids EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 12:32 am

Groups throughout history have had some sort of code call that summons help from others quickly. Circus and carnival folk traditionally shout "Hey Rube!" when someone hassles them. It seems to me that we need some similar signal if there is trouble at one part of a raid to alert all present to collect in one spot.

A police whistle is the simplest and was used during the early days of gay rights movement to summon help when attacked by homophobes. It may be overkill in most situations, but the shrill screech will probably drown out any bull-baiting.

Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Trident

Trident

PostSubject: Re: Emergency Call During Raids   Emergency Call During Raids EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 7:14 pm

i think this was covered at enturbulation.org last year. it was suggested that the to be victim pulls his arms about himself and sit on the ground.

thoughts on this?
Back to top Go down
meme
Admin
Admin
meme

PostSubject: Re: Emergency Call During Raids   Emergency Call During Raids EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 9:25 pm

Yes, I read that. I think that was directed to Anons on how to deal with being attacked -- basically duck and cover. However, this does not alert the others nor summon help.

That is why I suggested the whistle. It can only be used in time of emergency. If everyone just whistles randomly we will probably violate some local noise statute and be crying "wolf."

I suppose if a few watchers are armed with whistles that would suffice. Just some way to get everyone's attention all at once, such as when Koenig kicked Jeremy (first name? last name?) It would also cause all of those with cameras to turn toward the sound to catch as much of the altercation as possible on film.

Oh, and thanks, Trident. Now with you and None Given, I am no longer talking to myself. JoeBob is really just here for technical support. Smile
Back to top Go down
Trident

Trident

PostSubject: Re: Emergency Call During Raids   Emergency Call During Raids EmptyMon May 11, 2009 9:18 pm

no thanks necessary. i enjoy this site without distractions of various vulgarities of body parts, senseless, puzzling memes, and that sort (although sometimes those things are funny). i can get in, educate myself, and leave well-armed.

whistles...i dont know. if i heard a whistle, id think "police", and something very seriuos. i wouldnt be looking for ordinary-clothed anons or scienidiots. but then again, if i had a camera, and heard whistles, i would think "great photo opportunity to get something important" .

i think you hit it here--> "I suppose if a few watchers are armed with whistles". a group of about 5 for every 15 protestors? good idea. yea, i dont think giving anonymous cake (sugar) and WHISTLES would garner the warmest feelings from the urban hipsters of downtown DC who want to enjoy their urban playground. lol.
Back to top Go down
meme
Admin
Admin
meme

PostSubject: Re: Emergency Call During Raids   Emergency Call During Raids EmptyWed May 13, 2009 1:03 pm

Just as with bull horns and sound systems, a few with whistles could be used to good effect. Of course, I have no idea how to present this to AnonDC since all of my ideas get shot down with vile and verbose verbiage Very Happy

So maybe I get a whistle of my own and bring it along, just in case. If the idea catches on, then bene. If not, then there will be no need to shoot it down in classic Anon fashion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Emergency Call During Raids   Emergency Call During Raids Empty

Back to top Go down

Emergency Call During Raids
Page 1 of 1