Anonymity Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anonymity Forum

Supporting the Anonymous against the Cult of $cientology

HomeGalleryLatest imagesLog inRegister

NYC Raid - 8/15

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
meme
Admin
Admin
meme

NYC Raid - 8/15 Empty
PostSubject: NYC Raid - 8/15   NYC Raid - 8/15 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 12:58 pm

Reposted from conatus

A beautiful sunny day in NYC . . . raid started a bit on the low-key side with 10 or so Anons in front of the 46th Street Org building, but our numbers swelled to about 25 over our usual 3-hour time slot, including some new faces. Battered fern wall tech was in full effect at the Org.

However, the truly epic win of the day occurred after some Anons brought back news that a stress test table had been set up in Herald Square. After our time was up at the Org, we braved the heat and walked down to 34th Street where, lo and behold, the usual Scilon crew were trying to bamboozle the public, wedged in along the crowded sidewalk next to a Papa John's pizza promotion.

The Anons encircled the table, warning off much of the crowd, and creating so much entheta that, after a demoralizing 2 hours including the Scilons getting into a scuffle with some boisterous youths, the table was shut down amidst jeers and general mockery. Hundreds of flyers distributed, plenty of public educated, great responses and thumbs-up from all kinds of passers-by. Oh, and pizza!
Back to top Go down
meme
Admin
Admin
meme

NYC Raid - 8/15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC Raid - 8/15   NYC Raid - 8/15 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 1:04 pm

Folks, TBH, this sounds like a good deal. How do we find out where the $cilon test tables are being set up? Would only take 2-3 to completely blow an otherwise stat-worthy recruitment day.

And many chances to pass out flyers.
Back to top Go down
Trident

Trident

NYC Raid - 8/15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC Raid - 8/15   NYC Raid - 8/15 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 11:05 pm

i shudder when i read something like this--> "...the Scilons getting into a scuffle with some boisterous youths..." DOH!

meme, at anonymousdc.com, usually john mcnonymous alerts people when they scientologists set up their vulture nests (aka 'yellow tents' ) on the mall. that has been their focal point for DC. those events are usually 'handled' by anon - keep an eye out for those alerts, always within a dedicated message thread.
Back to top Go down
meme
Admin
Admin
meme

NYC Raid - 8/15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC Raid - 8/15   NYC Raid - 8/15 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 1:20 am

Sounds good. I'll keep an eye out for John's posts and if possible I would love to stand nearby with an annoying sign and a handful of fliers.

As long as wherever they go they find us there, it is all we need to do. Their own paranoia will take care of the rest.

So much for calming the reactive mind . . .

BTW, does "boisterous youth" include zombies?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NYC Raid - 8/15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC Raid - 8/15   NYC Raid - 8/15 Empty

Back to top Go down

NYC Raid - 8/15
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Anonymity Forum :: Anonymity Center :: News Room -- Public :: US News-
Jump to: